Package A – abstract & programme management
Our service package A consists of a various number of online tools (PDF) to enable authors, session organizers, and programme committees to organize a complex conference programme. All tools are run through our application Copernicus Office Meeting Organizer. Designed as an ASP (application service provider), users only need an email account and a web browser. There is no need for any installations. The usage of our tools is accompanied by continuous personal support of our Conference Manager assigned to your event. We look forward to assisting your community members!
Online tools for authors and attendees
- Suggestions for sessions and organizers (public call-for-session proposals);
- Abstract submission as HTML content;
- Abstract update and withdrawal;
- Financial support application;
- Authors' application for presentation contests and voting tools for attendees;
- Upload of display materials to Copernicus servers shown online alongside the abstract and/or links from the abstract to external sources (e.g. YouTube or FigShare);
- Commenting on the uploaded display materials in form of author comments and in reply to community comments received from the broader public (conferences might limit commenting to registered conference attendees);
- Upload of live presentation files.
Online tools for programme committee members
- Set-up of a skeleton programme as a basis for an open call-for-session proposals;
- Finalization of the session programme (implementation of sessions and session organizers);
- Scheduling of sessions (room and time allocation);
- Support selection;
- Presentation contest selection.
Online tools for session organizers
- Review of contributions;
- Acceptance, transfer, upload, and rejection of contributions;
- Presentation selection (e.g., oral vs. poster);
- Sequencing of the contributions to set up the final session programme;
- Rating of support applications.
- Automatic scheduling of all sessions and presentations;
- Online conference programme, sorted by topics or days, including search functions;
- Compilation of a personal programme for individual interests;
- Upload of display materials by authors prior to the conference and distributed open access through CC BY licences (can be limited to registered conference attendees or with an embargo period before becoming open accessible);
- Links from the abstracts to external sources where presentations were uploaded (e.g. YouTube or FigShare);
- Commenting on display materials by the community and replies by the authors (can be limited to registered conference attendees);
- Voting on abstracts participating in presentation contests.
- Upload of display materials by authors prior to the online conference and distributed open access through CC BY licences;
- Commenting on display materials by the community and replies by the authors; before and after the conference;
- Upload of live presentation files by authors and provision of session management tools for conveners/chairpersons to start presentations;
- Individual live session pages for attendees listing the session programme, linking display materials, providing access to external (video chat) platforms, and enabling a group text chat. The external (video chat) platforms are maintained by the organizers. Should Copernicus maintain these, service package C is required in addition;
- Copernicus networking tool to connect to colleagues, share your profile, watch your colleague's shared information, and get a quick information on your colleagues' contributions to the conference.
The outcomes of package A
- Provision and maintenance of the conference website;
- DOI registration for all abstracts;
- Online programme including all abstract HTML pages;
- Website and programme entirely mobile-optimized for comfortable online smartphone/tablet usage;
- PWA (progressive web application) for offline usage of the conference website and programme, both for smartphones/tablets but also for notebooks;
- Upload of display materials and presentations for authors including access for conference attendees;
- Discussion on display materials by authors and conference attendees;
- Master PDF of the scientific part of the programme book.
Prices and additional services
- The services of package A are charged a set rate of €37 net per abstract. For discounts, see the price scale below.
- If you opt for a website with its domain as a directory of the Copernicus Meetings website (e.g. meetings.copernicus.org/meeting-shortcut), there is no additional cost. However, we recommend using your own domain for your event. We keep this domain accessible for 10 years. The costs for this service are available on request.
- For virtual conferences, an extra fee for the usage of chat software or external platforms for live presentations is charged. Furthermore, if Copernicus' staff members are asked to provide support during the conference runtime, service package C (local organizing) is needed.
Business Development Meetings