Package A – abstract & programme management
Our service package A consists of a various number of online tools (PDF) to enable authors, session organizers, and programme committees to organize a complex conference programme. All tools are run through our application Copernicus Office Meeting Organizer. Designed as an ASP (application service provider), users only need an email account and a web browser. There is no need for any installations. The usage of our tools is accompanied by continuous personal support of our Conference Manager assigned to your event. We look forward to assisting your community members!
Online tools for authors and attendees
- Suggestions for sessions and organizers (public call-for-session proposals);
- Abstract submission as HTML content;
- Abstract update and withdrawal;
- Financial support application;
- Upload of presentation materials to Copernicus servers shown online alongside the abstract and/or links from the abstract to external sources (e.g. YouTube or FigShare);
- Commenting on the uploaded presentation materials in form of author comments and in reply to community comments received from the broader public (conferences might limit commenting to registered conference attendees).
Online tools for programme committee members
- Set-up of a skeleton programme as a basis for an open call-for-session proposals;
- Finalization of the session programme (implementation of sessions and session organizers);
- Scheduling of sessions (room and time allocation);
- Support selection.
Online tools for session organizers
- Review of contributions;
- Acceptance, transfer, upload, and rejection of contributions;
- Oral vs. poster selection;
- Sequencing of the contributions to set up the final oral/poster programme;
- Rating of support applications.
- Automatic scheduling of all sessions and presentations;
- Online conference programme, sorted by topics or days, including search functions;
- Compilation of a personal programme for individual interests;
- Upload of presentation materials by authors prior to the conference and distributed open access through CC BY licences (can be limited to registered conference attendees or with an embargo period before becoming open accessible);
- Links from the abstracts to external sources where presentation were uploaded (e.g. YouTube or FigShare);
- Commenting on presentation materials by the community and replies by the authors (can be limited to registered conference attendees).
- Upload of presentation materials by authors prior to the online conference and distributed open access through CC BY licences;
- Commenting on presentation materials by the community and replies by the authors; before and after the conference;
- Provision of text-based chat channels per session where conveners can introduce the session, ensure that all presentations get some attention, and ask questions to stimulate the discussion, chat attendees can comment and ask questions, and authors can reply (service package C is needed in addition);
- Individual sessions with live presentations through external platforms linked from the conference programme (service package C is needed in addition);
- Copernicus networking tool to connect to colleagues, share your profile, start ad-hoc text chats with your colleagues at any time before, during, and after the conference, suggest colleagues to others, and use the handshake function to spontaneously get in contact to individuals being in the same session or at the same site of a virtual conference centre (service package C is needed in addition).
The outcomes of package A
- Provision and maintenance of the conference website;
- DOI registration for all abstracts;
- Online programme including all abstract HTML pages;
- Website and programme entirely mobile-optimized for comfortable online smartphone/tablet usage;
- PWA (progressive web application) for offline usage of the conference website and programme, both for smartphones/tablets but also for notebooks (the PWA is the successor of the iOS/Android mobile apps provided 2011–2019);
- Upload of display materials and presentations for authors including access for conference attendees;
- Discussion on display materials by authors and conference attendees;
- Master PDF of the scientific part of the programme book.
Prices and additional services
- The services of package A are charged a set rate of €37 net per abstract. For discounts, see the price scale below.
- If you opt for a website with its domain as a directory of the Copernicus Meetings website (e.g. meetings.copernicus.org/meeting-shortcut), there is no additional cost. However, we recommend using your own domain for your event. We keep this domain accessible for 10 years. The costs for this service are available on request.
- For virtual conferences, an extra fee for the usage of chat software or external platforms for live presentations is charged. Furthermore, if Copernicus' staff members are asked to provide support during the conference runtime, service package C (local organizing) is needed.