How to submit an abstract
Thank you very much for your interest in the STAHY 2018 Workshop workshop. Please follow the guidelines for the submission of your abstract. Please note that an abstract processing charge (APC) of €38 per abstract is charged. Abstract submission deadline is 22 July 2018.
- Use a text editor of your choice to compile your abstract: title, author(s), affiliation(s) of author(s), and the abstract text.Your abstract body should have 100–200 words;
- Browse through the session programme and select the session of your interest;
- Use the “Abstract submission” link for the selected session;
- You are asked to login to the Copernicus Office Meeting Organizer. Use your account data or create a new account;
- Fill in the submission information about title, author(s), and affiliation(s) of author(s);
- Choose between plain text, LaTeX, or WORD content with regard to the abstract text.
- Please remember that a LaTex submission only refers to general LaTex commands directly inserted in the form (e.g. formatting commands like superscripts and subscripts, and special characters). Style packages and environment commands cannot be considered and must not be included in the form;
- Copy and paste your information into the form or download and use the WORD template;
- Accept the licence & copyright agreement and proceed to the abstract preview;
- Check the generated PDF file of your edited and formatted abstract. Please note that this PDF is only a preview file (indication "PREVIEW" is highlighted in the abstract header) in order to enable you to check the input. Close the PDF preview and click on "Payment" to proceed;
- If the conversion of your abstract fails, then please specify your problems; we will then take care of them.
- Please indicate your invoice details for the abstract processing charge (see below) as well as your payment method (credit card or PayPal).
- Submit your abstract. You will receive a confirmation email providing your abstract number.
In case any questions arise, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstracts should be between 100 and 200 words, clear, concise, and written in English with correct spelling and good sentence structure.
- Mathematical symbols and equations must be typed in, and metric symbols should be used. Figures and tables must not be included.
- We recommend that the abstract be carefully compiled and thoroughly checked before submission, in particular with regard to the list of authors, in order to avoid last minute changes.
- The submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation that it is actually presented at the meeting by the author or, at least, by one of the co-authors.
Abstract processing charges (APC)
- An abstract processing charge (APC) of €38 must be paid for each abstract submission.
- APCs can only be paid by credit card or PayPal.
- Abstracts are only processed and available for the session organization by conveners after the payment is completed. Please note that this is a processing charge and not a publishing fee.
- APCs are not refundable in the case of an abstract withdrawal, rejection, or double submission. The fees collected cover the cost to process the abstracts whether or not one attends the meeting.
- The APC does not register you for the STAHY2018 workshop. Separate registration fees apply.
- Solicited speakers do not receive discounted APCs, registration fees, or travel reimbursement.