How to submit an abstract
Thank you for your interest in the ISMC Conference 2021. Please follow the guidelines on this page for submission of your abstract. The abstract submission deadline is Wednesday, 31 March 2021, 23:59 CEST. Please note that an abstract processing charge of €50 gross per abstract is levied. Abstracts submitted by ISMC members or keynote speakers are exempted from the APC. ISMC members (cutt-off date 15 February 2021) and keynote speaker need a password to submit an abstract. Please send an email to email@example.com to request the password.
Abstract submission recipe
- Use a text editor of your choice to compile your abstract: title, author(s), affiliation(s) of author(s), and abstract text. Your abstract body should have up to 300 words.
- Browse through the session programme and select the session of your interest.
- Use the abstract submission link at the respective session. Please keep in mind that submission of the same abstract to more than one sessions is not allowed. Duplicates will be rejected.
- You will be asked to log in to the Copernicus Office Meeting Organizer. Use your account data or create a new account.
- Fill in the submittal information about title, author(s), and affiliation(s) of author(s).
- ORCID numbers will be linked to authors that have their ORCID included in the personal data section of their Copernicus account.
- For your abstract body, the submission form provides you with an HTML editor.
- Select your preference for “oral presentation” or “interactive presentation”. However, please be aware that there is no guarantee that an oral presentation can be realized and that the program committee can convert oral presentations to interactive presentations.
- Accept the licence & copyright agreement and proceed to the abstract preview.
- In all cases, please indicate your invoice details for the APC.
- Submit your abstract. A confirmation message including your abstract number will be displayed and you will receive a confirmation email providing your abstract number. Should you not receive the abstract submission confirmation email within 24 hours, please check your spam folder first and then contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case any questions arise, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com.
- The abstract body should be short (up to 300 words), clear, concise, and written in English with correct spelling and good sentence structure.
- Mathematical symbols and equations can be typed in or embedded as image.
- Figures and tables should not be included.
- Abstracts should be carefully compiled and thoroughly checked, in particular with regard to the list of authors, before submission in order to avoid last-minute changes.
- The submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation that it is actually presented at the meeting by the author or, at least, by one of the co-authors. If this is not possible, please withdraw your abstract as early as possible.
- By submitting an abstract, authors accept the licence & copyright agreement.
- Submission of the same abstract to more than one session is not allowed. Duplicates identified by the programme committee will be rejected.
- The content of ISMC Conference 2021 abstracts is the responsibility of their authors. ISMC reserves the right to reject abstracts that are not written in English, are out of the scope of the ISMC2021 Conference, do not meet basic standards of scientific quality, or do not adhere to conventional standards of civil discourse and common decency.
- The official language of the ISMC Conference 2021 is English. It is therefore expected that authors are able to present their research more or less fluently in the English language.
Abstract processing charges (APCs)
- An APC of €50 gross must be paid for each abstract submission.
- ISMC members and keynote speaker need a password to submit an abstract. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request the password.
- Abstract processing charges as well as registration fees are charged to cover the costs of webinar software, poster and interactive software, the conference abstract programme and invoice management, and technical assistance.
- APCs can only be paid by credit card. You will be asked to provide your invoice details since a proper invoice and payment receipt will be sent by email. Please note that most probably, this invoice is meant to be an institutional invoice addressed to your institute rather than to you personally. The submission form therefore has institutional invoice as default but this could be changed to personal invoice, if applicable. If your institution is based in an EU country, you are requested to provide a VAT identification number. This VAT ID can normally be found in the imprint of your institution's website. Please carefully check your provided invoice address to avoid later changes.
- Abstracts are only processed and available for the session organization by conveners after the payment has been completed. Please note that this is a processing charge and not a publishing fee.
- APCs are non-refundable in case of an abstract withdrawal, rejection, or double submission. The charges collected cover the cost to process the abstract, independent of whether or not one attends the meeting.
- Please remember that abstract processing charges are also not eligible for a refund in case of a session withdrawal (e.g. due to a low number of abstracts received by the session) or in case of abstract acceptance in a different session other than the one the author submitted the abstract to.
- The APC does not register you for the ISMC Conference 2021. Separate registration fees apply.