Information - GMPV10 Challenges to historical materials in urban/anthropic environment
Materials and technology constitute the physical basis of preservation issues. Regardless if common or heritage protected buildings, mineral materials play a role in urban sustainability. This session investigates the challenges related to historical materials in conservation projects in urban environment.
Particularly interesting are contributions related, but not only, to:
- construction materials, properties, craftmanship, labor, know-how;
- changes in the use of materials induced by technological and industrial development;
- improvement possibilities;
- historic mortars;
- sustainability of street facades;
- preservation issues;
- investigation methods with minimum intervention;
- effects and incompatibilities on the existing materials of interventions made with new materials
Preliminary List of Solicited Speakers
Margarida Taborda Duarte
Museo Nacional de Ciencias Naturales (CSIC), Madrid, Spain
A topic from the European Marie Curie Network
"Advanced Research Training on the Conservation of Cultural Heritage"
The information contained hereafter has been compiled and
uploaded by the Session Organizers via the "Organizer Session Form".
The Session Organizers have therefore the sole responsibility
that this information is true and accurate at the date of publication,
and the conference organizer cannot accept any legal responsibility
for any errors or omissions that may be made, and he makes no warranty,
expressed or implied, with regard to the material published.