How to submit an abstract
Thank you very much for your interest in the 9th European Conference on Severe Storms. Please follow the guidelines for the submission of your abstract (deadline is 20 March 2017). Please note that for the 9th European Conference on Severe Storms an abstract submission fee (ASF) of €25 per abstract is charged.
- Use a text editor of your choice to compile your abstract: Title, author(s), affiliation(s) of author(s), and the abstract text.
- Browse through the session programme and select the session of your interest.
- Use the "Abstract submission" link during the respective session.
- You are asked to login to the Copernicus Office Meeting Organizer. Use your account data or create a new account.
- Fill in the submittal information about title, author(s), and affiliation(s) of author(s).
- Choose between plain text, LaTeX or WORD content with regard to the abstract text.
- Copy-and-Paste your information into the form or download and use the WORD template.
- Check the generated PDF file of your edited and formatted abstract.
- If the conversion of your abstract fails please specify your problems, we will then take care of them.
- In any case, please indicate your invoice details for the abstract submission fee (see below) as well as your payment method (credit card or PayPal).
- Submit your abstract.
Authors may decide to submit their abstract with a preference either for a poster presentation or for an oral presentation. However, there is no guarantee that an oral preference can be realized.
In case any questions arise, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstracts should be short (400 words), clear, concise and written in English with correct spelling and good sentence structure.
- Mathematical symbols and equations must be typed in, and metric symbols should be used. Figures and tables must not be included!
- We recommend that the abstract be carefully compiled and thoroughly checked before submission, in particular with regard to the list of authors, before submission in order to avoid last minute changes.
- The submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation that it is actually presented at the meeting by the author or, at least, by one of the co-authors.
Abstract submission fees (ASF)
- An abstract submission fee (ASF) of €25 gross must be paid for each abstract submission.
- ASFs can only be paid by credit card or PayPal.
- Abstracts are only processed and available for the session organization by conveners after the payment is completed. Please note that this is a processing fee and not a publishing fee.
- ASFs are not refundable in case of an abstract withdrawal, rejection or double submission. The fees collected cover the cost to process the abstracts whether or not one attends the meeting.
- The ASF does not register you for the 9th European Conference on Severe Storms. Separate registration fees apply.