Information - ERE8 Aggregates – the most widely used geological material
Subtle balance between sustainable development and needs of the society for the infrastructure means among others a meaningful utilisation of natural resources. Infrastructure is in many aspects roads, railways and houses, i.e. structures requiring huge amount on construction materials. Geomaterials - natural stone (dimension, aggregates) - represent dominant raw material used in current building sector. The annual world production of aggregates (crushed stone, sand and gravels) exceeds 16 billion tons which makes about 50 vol. % of all raw materials extracted from the Earth by humans.
This meeting is focused on any geological aspect of aggregates but namely on the on the following points:
• impact of aggregate quarrying on the environment
• correct use of aggregates (to meet specifications and needs of market)
• non-conventional materials and waste use as the aggregates
• testing of aggregates and quality demands (EU standards and other testing methods)
• behaviour of aggregates in specific environments
• alkali-silica reactivity and its testing
• influence of petrographical parameters and genetic factors on mechanical properties of aggregates
Preliminary List of Solicited Speakers
The information contained hereafter has been compiled and
uploaded by the Session Organizers via the "Organizer Session Form".
The Session Organizers have therefore the sole responsibility
that this information is true and accurate at the date of publication,
and the conference organizer cannot accept any legal responsibility
for any errors or omissions that may be made, and he makes no warranty,
expressed or implied, with regard to the material published.