Information - AS1.21 GIS in Meteorology and Climatology
Sharing and integrating geospatial information is essential for advancing Earth-system research. The aim of this session is explore GIS applications in meteorology and climatology in addition to integration of GIS (both science and a tool) with atmospheric and related geo- and social sciences. Contributions regarding the following topics are solicited:
• Use of GIS in analysis of observational meteorological and climatological data
• Application of GIS methods and techniques for integration of weather forecast and climate prediction model outputs with relevant geo- and social sciences information.
• Issues related to spatial accuracy, usability and accessibility of weather and climate models with regard to GIS environment
• Use of GIS in atmospheric modeling, including examples from atmospheric chemistry, land surface – atmosphere interactions, and climate modeling
• Representation of model uncertainty in a GIS
• Web-based methods and techniques for spatial data discovery, access, and visualization, in particular with regard to real-time weather data and model output
• Interoperability and data standards with regard to spatial atmospheric data
• Representation of dynamic multidimensional atmospheric phenomena in a GIS
Preliminary List of Solicited Speakers
The information contained hereafter has been compiled and
uploaded by the Session Organizers via the "Organizer Session Form".
The Session Organizers have therefore the sole responsibility
that this information is true and accurate at the date of publication,
and the conference organizer cannot accept any legal responsibility
for any errors or omissions that may be made, and he makes no warranty,
expressed or implied, with regard to the material published.