Information - SSP17 Sediments, diagenesis and geochemistry of mixed carbonate evaporite systems (co-sponsored by IAS)
Mixed carbonate-evaporite systems form important hydrocarbon reservoirs and associated seals in many areas of the world. In this session we aim to gather scientists working on the sedimentology, diagenesis and geochemistry of these complex sedimentary systems
We particularly invite contributions in the following areas:
- Early and late diagenetic processes in mixed carbonate-evaporite sequences.
- Modern analogues to ancient systems.
- Geochemical characterisation of carbonate-evaporite sequences.
- Biotic communities in mixed carbonate-evaporite sequences.
- Sequence stratigraphic development of mixed carbonate-evaporite systems.
Preliminary List of Solicited Speakers
Professor Judy McKenzie - "The impact of the in situ microbial community on sediment diagenesis"
International Association of Sedimentologists
The information contained hereafter has been compiled and
uploaded by the Session Organizers via the "Organizer Session Form".
The Session Organizers have therefore the sole responsibility
that this information is true and accurate at the date of publication,
and the conference organizer cannot accept any legal responsibility
for any errors or omissions that may be made, and he makes no warranty,
expressed or implied, with regard to the material published.