Information - ERE10 Natural stone resources for historical monuments
Monuments built of natural stone make important part of cultural heritage. Unfortunately, our current knowledge of historical stone resources is incomplete. Authentic types of natural stone (or stone showing similar properties) must be often supplied during reconstruction of historical monuments.
This special session will focus on the following topics:
• Summary of recent knowledge on historical stone resources
• Lithotheques and electronic databases of historical stone resources
• Techniques used for the determination of natural stone provenance
• Methods applicable for exploration of historical quarries
• Criteria for re-opening of historical quarries and possible application of authentic stone resources during reconstruction of historical monuments
• Assessment of non-authentic stone types for replacement on historical monuments
Preliminary List of Solicited Speakers
The information contained hereafter has been compiled and
uploaded by the Session Organizers via the "Organizer Session Form".
The Session Organizers have therefore the sole responsibility
that this information is true and accurate at the date of publication,
and the conference organizer cannot accept any legal responsibility
for any errors or omissions that may be made, and he makes no warranty,
expressed or implied, with regard to the material published.