Information - SM14 Precambrian lithosphere: insights from geophysics, geochemistry, and geodynamics (co-listed in GD)
This multi-disciplinary session will highlight lithospheric research of Precambrian cratons by combining results from various fields of geosciences.
The topics to be addressed include, but are not limited to,
(1) global and regional geophysical models (seismic, thermal, gravity, and electical) of lithospheric structure of Precambrian cratons;
(2) studies of mantle xenoliths in the context of complementary geophysical results;
(3) secular evolution of cratonic lithosphere as constrained by isotope and geological data;
(4) models of an interaction between cratonic keels and mantle processes with implications for supercontinent cycles and lithospheric stability;
(5) models of lithospheric deformation from mantle xenoliths, seismic anisotropy, electrical properties, and other data.
Preliminary List of Solicited Speakers
1) Morgan, Paul
Selective lithospheric preservation: a hypothesis for the transitions between the Hadean and the Archean and the Archean and the Proterozoic
2) Luguet, A. ; Pearson, D.G.; Jaques, A.L.; Bulanova, G.P.; Smith, C.B.; Roffey, S.; Rayner, M.J.
Deep structure of the lithospheric mantle under a mobile zone: the Re-Os isotope approach
The information contained hereafter has been compiled and
uploaded by the Session Organizers via the "Organizer Session Form".
The Session Organizers have therefore the sole responsibility
that this information is true and accurate at the date of publication,
and the conference organizer cannot accept any legal responsibility
for any errors or omissions that may be made, and he makes no warranty,
expressed or implied, with regard to the material published.