How to submit an abstract
Thank you very much for your interest in the IAHS-AISH Scientific Assembly 2022. Please follow the guidelines on this page for submission of your abstract. The abstract submission deadline is 13 December 2021, 13:00 GMT+1. All abstracts published in the IAHS-AISH Scientific Assembly 2022 programme will receive a DOI.
Please be aware that an abstract processing charge (APC) of €46 is charged for each submission. This abstract processing charge must be paid directly upon submission by credit card. An invoice and receipt will be issued after the payment and a separate registration fee for participation will apply. If you have any issues with processing the payment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delegates who cannot pay online because international credit cards are unavailable in their countries can contact the IAHS Secretary General at email@example.com.
Abstract submission recipe
- Use a text editor of your choice to compile your abstract: title, author(s), affiliation(s) of author(s), and abstract text. Your abstract body can have a maximum of 350 words.
- Browse through the session programme and select the session of your interest.
- Use the abstract submission link at the respective session. Please keep in mind that submission of the same abstract to more than one session is not allowed. Duplicates will be rejected.
- You will be asked to log in to the Copernicus Office Meeting Organizer. Use your account data or create a new account.
- Fill in the submittal information about title, author(s), and affiliation(s) of author(s). Please remember that only full author names (also for first names) are accepted, i.e., initials for names cannot entered.
- ORCID numbers will be linked to authors that have their ORCID included in the personal data section of their Copernicus account.
- For your abstract body, the submission form provides you with an HTML editor.
- Select your preference for poster presentation or for oral presentation.
- Accept the licence & copyright agreement and proceed to the abstract preview.
- If the conversion of your abstract fails, please specify your problems and we will then take care of them.
- Submit your abstract. A confirmation message including your abstract number will be displayed and you will receive a confirmation email providing your abstract number. Should you not receive the abstract submission confirmation email within 24 hours, please check your spam folder first and then contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your submission entries are stored in case of a failed payment or interrupted submission process as long as your browser cache is not cleared. In this case, you will still be able to continue the submission process by accessing the abstract submission again. However, please remember that your abstract is not submitted until the credit card payment has been processed successfully.
- Please note that your abstract will only appear under Abstract information or Abstract update once the respective abstract processing charges are paid by credit card.
- Once your abstract is submitted and paid, you can still update your abstract until the end of the abstract submission deadline.
In case any questions arise, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com.
Abstract guidelines and rules
- The abstract body can have up to 350 words and should be clear, concise, and written in English with correct spelling and good sentence structure. Sub-headings can be used to divide the text into sections.
- Mathematical symbols and equations can be typed in or embedded as images.
- You should not include more than 4 figures. The figure caption must be embedded in the image. Each figure must not exceed a max. resolution of 1500 x 1500 px and a max. file size of 2 MB. Only .jpg and .png files are accepted for the images. Please note that file extensions must be lower-case letters (e.g., .jpg instead of .JPG).
- Abstracts should be carefully compiled and thoroughly checked, in particular with regard to the list of authors, before submission in order to avoid last-minute changes.
- The submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation that it is actually presented at the meeting by the author or, at least, by one of the co-authors. If this is not possible, please withdraw your abstract as early as possible.
- By submitting an abstract, authors accept the licence & copyright agreement.
- Submission of the same abstract to more than one session is not allowed. Duplicates identified by the scientific committee will be rejected.
- The content of abstracts is the responsibility of their authors. EPSC reserves the right to reject abstracts that are not written in English, are out of the scope of the conference, do not meet basic standards of scientific quality, or do not adhere to conventional standards of civil discourse and common decency.
- The official language of the IAHS-AISH Scientific Assembly 2022 is English. Simultaneous interpretation is not provided. It is therefore expected that authors are able to present their research more or less fluently in the English language.
Abstract processing charges (APC)
- An APC of €46 gross must be paid for each abstract submission. This is a flat fee with no discounts available.
- APCs can only be paid by credit card. You will be asked to provide your invoice details since a proper invoice and payment receipt will be sent by email. Please note that most probably, this invoice is meant to be an institutional invoice addressed to your institute rather than to you personally. The submission form therefore has institutional invoice as default but this could be changed to personal invoice, if applicable. If your institution is based in an EU country, you are requested to provide a VAT identification number. This VAT ID can normally be found in the imprint of your institution's website. Please carefully check your provided invoice address to avoid later changes.
- Abstracts are only processed and available for session organization by conveners after the payment is completed. Please note that this is a processing fee and not a publishing fee.
- APCs are not refundable in case of an abstract withdrawal, rejection, or double submission. The fees collected cover the cost to process the abstracts, whether or not one attends the meeting.
- The APC does not include the participation fee for the IAHS-AISH Scientific Assembly 2022. A separate fee will apply.
- Solicited speakers do not receive discounted APCs or registration fees.