Driven by atmospheric turbulence, and integrating surface processes to free atmospheric conditions, the Atmospheric Boundary Layer (ABL) plays a key role not only in weather and climate, but also in air quality and wind/solar energy. It is in this context that this session invites theoretical, numerical and observational studies ranging from fundamental aspects of atmospheric turbulence, to parameterizations of the boundary layer, and to renewable energy or air pollution applications. Below we propose a list of the topics included:
- Observational methods in the Atmospheric Boundary Layer
- Simulation and modelling of ABL: from turbulence to boundary layer schemes
- Stable Boundary Layers, gravity waves and intermittency
- Evening and morning transitions of the ABL
- Convective processes in the ABL
- Boundary Layer Clouds and turbulence-fog interactions
- Micro-Mesoscale interactions
- Micrometeorology in complex terrain
- Agricultural and Forest processes in the ABL
- Diffusion and transport of constituents in the ABL
- Turbulence and Air Quality applications
- Turbulence and Wind Energy applications
- "Surface energy balance closure: the role dispersive fluxes induced by submesoscale secondary circulations", by Dr. Matthias Mauder , Karlsruhe Institute of Technology KIT/IMK-IFU, Institute for Meteorology and Climatology - Atmospheric Environmental Research Germany.
Activation of the text chat sets a cookie in your browser that is automatically deleted at the end of the conference.
The message "" (#) has been sent by nickname (#)
Mute the user:
Unmute the user:
Ban the user for 5 hours:
Unban the user:
An attendee might be able to create a new nickname and re-enter this chat. In case you have any questions or need further assistance please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Handshake – who is here?
Nickname already in use
Nickname to be defined
How to access AS2.1
AS2.1 runs as a Zoom Webinar. The live session page on EGU21 allows you to:
- Enter the Zoom Webinar in a new browser tab through the button Access live video chat;
- Watch the livestream from the Zoom Webinar, if you prefer not to enter Zoom;
- Chat with colleagues being also on this live session page;
- Use the handshake to connect to colleagues being present in this session.
How to access AS2.1
Session AS2.1 runs as a vPICO session. Everybody, conveners/chair/speakers as well as attendees, join the live session page on EGU21. While attendees stay on this live session page and see the live presentations via stream, you as convener/chair/speaker are required to enter the BigBlueButton (BBB) live video chat to give your presentation.
Please keep the live session page open on this browser tab and join the BBB video chat in parallel on another browser tab through the button below. Your personal breakout text chat following the live presentations are linked from the live session page tab, not from the additional BBB video chat tab.Enter BBB video chat