Clouds and aerosols play a key role in climate and weather-related processes over a wide range of spatial and temporal scales. An initial forcing due to changes in the aerosol concentration and composition may also be enhanced or dampened by feedback processes such as modified cloud dynamics, surface exchange or atmospheric circulation patterns. This session aims to link research activities in observations and modelling of radiative, dynamical and microphysical processes of clouds and aerosols and their interactions. Studies addressing several aspects of the aerosol-cloud-radiation-precipitation system are encouraged. Contributions related to the EU project “Constrained aerosol forcing for improved climate projections (FORCeS) are also invited.
Topics covered in this session include, but are not limited to:
- Cloud and aerosol macro- and microphysical properties, precipitation formation mechanisms
- The role of aerosols and clouds for the radiative energy budget
- Observational constraints on aerosol-cloud interactions
- High-resolution modelling, including large-eddy simulation and cloud-resolving models
- Parameterization of cloud and aerosol microphysics/dynamics/radiation processes
- Use of observational simulators to constrain aerosols, clouds and their radiative effects in models
- Experimental cloud and aerosol studies
- Aerosol, cloud and radiation interactions and feedbacks on the hydrological cycle and the climate system
- Interactions between aerosols and regional circulation systems and precipitation patterns
- Influence of aerosols on the distribution and intensity of climate extremes
Activation of the text chat sets a cookie in your browser that is automatically deleted at the end of the conference.
The message "" (#) has been sent by nickname (#)
Mute the user:
Unmute the user:
Ban the user for 5 hours:
Unban the user:
An attendee might be able to create a new nickname and re-enter this chat. In case you have any questions or need further assistance please contact us at: email@example.com.
Handshake – who is here?
Nickname already in use
Nickname to be defined
How to access AS1.18
AS1.18 runs as a Zoom Webinar. The live session page on EGU21 allows you to:
- Enter the Zoom Webinar in a new browser tab through the button Access live video chat;
- Watch the livestream from the Zoom Webinar, if you prefer not to enter Zoom;
- Chat with colleagues being also on this live session page;
- Use the handshake to connect to colleagues being present in this session.
How to access AS1.18
Session AS1.18 runs as a vPICO session. Everybody, conveners/chair/speakers as well as attendees, join the live session page on EGU21. While attendees stay on this live session page and see the live presentations via stream, you as convener/chair/speaker are required to enter the BigBlueButton (BBB) live video chat to give your presentation.
Please keep the live session page open on this browser tab and join the BBB video chat in parallel on another browser tab through the button below. Your personal breakout text chat following the live presentations are linked from the live session page tab, not from the additional BBB video chat tab.Enter BBB video chat