Analogue planetary research (APR) describes the development and testing of space exploration strategies including scientific, technical, operational, social and medical aspects in terrestrial environments under simulated space or planetary conditions [Hettrich S. et al. (2015), https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-15982-9_34]. As such, APR can be performed in analogue planetary simulation, for example Lunar or Martian analogue missions, where future crewed or robotic space exploration missions are simulated and evaluated towards their performance.
With increasing popularity of analogue planetary simulations as test-beds to develop and test technologies, techniques and operational procedures for planetary missions in facilities such as HiSeas, MDRS, LunAres or similar facilities, this session invites contributions in the field of analogue planetary research including, but not limited to:
- data analysis about sites for future exploration
- results and lessons-learned from Lunar / Martian analogue missions
- field tests for space exploration hardware, software and techniques
- scientific contributions through analogue research
- geological field work during planetary simulations
- future analogue mission concepts
- transferring APR results into actual space exploration missions
Activation of the text chat sets a cookie in your browser that is automatically deleted at the end of the conference.
The message "" (#) has been sent by nickname (#)
Mute the user:
Unmute the user:
Ban the user for 5 hours:
Unban the user:
An attendee might be able to create a new nickname and re-enter this chat. In case you have any questions or need further assistance please contact us at: email@example.com.
Handshake – who is here?
Nickname already in use
Nickname to be defined
How to access PS6.4
PS6.4 runs as a Zoom Webinar. The live session page on EGU21 allows you to:
- Enter the Zoom Webinar in a new browser tab through the button Access live video chat;
- Watch the livestream from the Zoom Webinar, if you prefer not to enter Zoom;
- Chat with colleagues being also on this live session page;
- Use the handshake to connect to colleagues being present in this session.
How to access PS6.4
Session PS6.4 runs as a vPICO session. Everybody, conveners/chair/speakers as well as attendees, join the live session page on EGU21. While attendees stay on this live session page and see the live presentations via stream, you as convener/chair/speaker are required to enter the BigBlueButton (BBB) live video chat to give your presentation.
Please keep the live session page open on this browser tab and join the BBB video chat in parallel on another browser tab through the button below. Your personal breakout text chat following the live presentations are linked from the live session page tab, not from the additional BBB video chat tab.Enter BBB video chat