This session offers an opportunity to present studies or professional works regarding irrigated agriculture with disciplinary and multidisciplinary approaches copying with the challenges that the COVID19 scenario brings to the researches and society, such as:
• Resilience of irrigated areas at different spatial scales, mainly when water and soil are limiting factors.
• Estimation of crop transpiration/crop water requirement, even considering the possibility to apply controlled water deficit conditions.
• Coupling natural and human systems where ground and surface water and land are limiting resources for irrigation
• Safety in marginal water use in irrigated agriculture
• Traditional, novel, and transitional technologies for irrigation management, control and practical application at different spatial scales.
• Reducing the cost of technology monitoring soil and plant water status, and improving the quality of data acquired from the sensors, as well as on integrating the acquired data into easy-to-use Decision Support System.
• Potential of available remotely and proximal sensed data, mainly referring to those platforms and instruments acquiring frequently high-resolution data, to tackle current and future irrigation problems at different spatial scales.
• Improving the integration of climate change scenarios and weather forecast into agro-hydrological models and decision support systems to improve decisions in irrigation management and in safe surface water-groundwater interactions.
Posters and oral communications are available.
Activation of the text chat sets a cookie in your browser that is automatically deleted at the end of the conference.
The message "" (#) has been sent by nickname (#)
Mute the user:
Unmute the user:
Ban the user for 5 hours:
Unban the user:
An attendee might be able to create a new nickname and re-enter this chat. In case you have any questions or need further assistance please contact us at: email@example.com.
Handshake – who is here?
Nickname already in use
Nickname to be defined
How to access SSS9.4
SSS9.4 runs as a Zoom Webinar. The live session page on EGU21 allows you to:
- Enter the Zoom Webinar in a new browser tab through the button Access live video chat;
- Watch the livestream from the Zoom Webinar, if you prefer not to enter Zoom;
- Chat with colleagues being also on this live session page;
- Use the handshake to connect to colleagues being present in this session.
How to access SSS9.4
Session SSS9.4 runs as a vPICO session. Everybody, conveners/chair/speakers as well as attendees, join the live session page on EGU21. While attendees stay on this live session page and see the live presentations via stream, you as convener/chair/speaker are required to enter the BigBlueButton (BBB) live video chat to give your presentation.
Please keep the live session page open on this browser tab and join the BBB video chat in parallel on another browser tab through the button below. Your personal breakout text chat following the live presentations are linked from the live session page tab, not from the additional BBB video chat tab.Enter BBB video chat