How to submit an Abstract?
Thank you very much for your interest in the EGU General Assembly 2012! Please follow the guidelines for the submission of your abstract. Please note that the EGU2012 introduces an Abstract Processing Charge (APC) of €40 per abstract.
- Use a text editor of your choice to compile your abstract: Title, Author(s), Affiliation(s) of author(s), and the Abstract Text;
- Browse through the Session Programme and select the session of your interest;
- Use the link "Abstract Submission" at the respective session;
- You are asked to login to the Copernicus Office Meeting Organizer. Use your account data or create a new account;
- Fill in the submittal information about Title, Author(s), and Affiliation(s) of author(s);
- Choose between Plain Text, LaTeX or WORD content with regard to the Abstract Text;
- Copy-and-Paste your information into the form or download and use the WORD template;
- Check the generated PDF file of your edited and formatted abstract;
- If the conversion of your abstract fails please specify your problems, we will then take care;
- In any case, please indicate your invoice details for the Abstract Processing Charge (see below) as well as your payment method (credit card or PayPal);
- Submit your abstract.
Authors may decide to submit their abstract with a preference either for a poster presentation or for an oral presentation. However, there is no guarantee that an oral preference can be realized.
First Author Rule: Regarding the oral preference, you are allowed as first author to submit either ONE regular abstract plus ONE abstract solicited by a convener, or TWO solicited abstracts. Each further abstract has to be submitted with a poster preference. If you submit to a session belonging to the programme group EOS, you are allowed as first author to submit ONE more abstract with an oral preference (THREE in total).
In case any questions arise, please contact us! email@example.com
- Abstracts should be short (300–500 words), clear, concise and written in English with correct spelling and good sentence structure.
- Mathematical symbols and equations must be typed in, and metric symbols should be used. Figures and tables must not be included!
- We recommend that the abstract is carefully compiled and thoroughly checked, in particular with regard to the list of authors, before submission in order to avoid last minute changes.
- The submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation that it is actually presented at the meeting by the author or, at least, by one of the co-authors!
Abstract Processing Charges (APC)
- An Abstract Processing Charge (APC) of €40 gross must be paid for each abstract submission.
- APCs can only be paid by credit card or PayPal.
- Abstracts are only processed and available for the session organization by conveners after the payment is completed. Please note that this is a processing charge and not a publishing fee.
- APCs are not refundable in case of an abstract withdrawal, rejection or double submission. The charges collected cover the cost to process the abstracts whether or not one attends the meeting.
- The APC does not register you for the EGU2012 General Assembly. Separate registration fees apply.
- Solicited Speakers do not receive discounted APCs, registration fees, or travel reimbursement.